Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter has arrived...and here are my rants !!

It had to happen. Sooner or later and you cannot hide from it. Winter with all its might has hit Toronto and it is just Dec 14, 2010 for crying out loud. I love the snow, but that is provided I am at home with a nice mug of hot chocolate. When it snows , I pray it dissipates and vanishes before the "call to shovel" is heard . I hate it !

What is even more irritating is that when the snow plows the street they tend to dump /create a snowbank in your driveway. It sucks because now you have to clean your driveway all over again. I mean seriously, why do that job twice?!

Neighbors too can be pretty tricky when it comes to shoveling. The occasional 'oops, I am sorry i got snow in your driveway" never fails to amuse me. Ok I have done it too...We all do it !! Why can't we live in peace and snow the other neighbor across the street. Try doing that with a shovel filled with snow. By the time you reach the driveway, the cops will be shoveling your butt to the station. Then again, the cops will take a while trying to get to you, so that gives you a head start.

All this hoopla about Santa and Christmas is also getting to me. Call me a Grinch ( I am being one right now), but as much as I love Christmas, I would rather have it go away, no thanks to the many inquiries of what I am doing for Christmas. "None of your goddamn beeswax"! I am going on a Sleigh ride with Santa, if you really wanna know !" Speaking of Santa...come on Christmas is about Christ and not a fat man in a red suit who is flying around on a sleigh (has he not heard of the jet airplane?) drawn by LSD induced reindeer (Blitzen, Dasher, Dollar..they all sound like crack). Never mind the guy has poor fashion sense. He is a picky one at best...you have to be good/nice to get presents. Come on, show me one good kid who has been nice all year and I shall give you nectar. Bad kids mean less presents and in this day, Santa has surplus from every year. The kids are not alright as they go to the next place they can get their fix of toys..their parents !!

Speaking of kids today, what is with their headphones and iPhones and mp3 players ( i hear there are mp4 players now). They act like zombies walking the streets with their heads wired to their pockets. No respect, I tell ya. Not even a hello .

I still have to rant some more. It's like a tradition..how I hate traditions...more rants to follow !

No comments:

Post a Comment